In regards to fulfilling the ‘clients” needs, I think more details were needed for both design requests and that the more you have to begin with leads to a more effective design. While I know these scenarios are quite realistic, the lack of detail made the initial part of the design process a bit of a challenge.
Having said that, I did try to incorporate as many of the principles and elements of design as I could into each project. While I think simplicity is best, I think I successfully created images that would ‘pop’ for the viewer and that were unforgettable.
The logo and stationary project was very challenging as it was one of our first creations with Illustrator! While the client did provide a bit more detail than the poster client, I feel their desires were very limiting, which made creativity or variety options very small. I think the items they wanted within the logo were very difficult to mesh together.
With the poster project I wanted it to be text focused, but also image driven by using shapes within the text. The focal point is the word ‘wash’ with everything else supporting that text/image. I wanted to create a whimsical kind of message, something simple, but that would stand out, as these type of posters are something we’ve seen many times before, all over. I truly feel that I captured what the client wanted using the basic principles of design.
In hindsight, I feel really accomplished in regards to how much I have learned in this class, (even though I still have a long way to go until I’ve mastered Illustrator)! Overall, I am eager to continue my studies and I look forward to learning as much as I can in the graphic design field.